Rayan, A., & Ahmad, M. (2016). Effectiveness of mindfulness-based interventions on quality of life and positive reappraisal coping among parents of children with autism spectrum disorder. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 55. 185–196. Published online. Abstract and tables.
- (QOL) is considered a critical outcome for measuring the effectiveness of intervention programs for parents of children with (ASD).
- To date, little is known about the effectiveness of MBI on QOL and coping in parents of children with ASD.
- MBI can improve psychological and social domains of QOL and enhance coping in parents of children with ASD.
- Parents who non-judgmentally respond to their children are expected to report better QOL and positive stress reappraisal coping.
- The MBI should be considered as a supportive intervention to help parents of children with ASD.
ASD = autism spectrum disorder
MBI = mindfulness-based interventions
QOL = quality of life