Ruffault, A., et al. (2016). The effects of mindfulness training on weight-loss and health-related behaviours in adults with overweight and obesity: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Obesity Research & Clinical Practice. Summary.
- •Mindfulness training has been related to the adoption of healthier behaviours.
- •We conducted a meta-analysis of RCTs testing mindfulness training for weight loss.
- •Mindfulness decreases binge and impulsive eating and increases physical activity.
- •No effects of mindfulness training on weight loss in adults with excess weight.
- •Study design is a major source of heterogeneity in study effects.